Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Eater of the Week

After a short hiatus, I am back to give the people what they want. I understand how difficult the past week must have been for all of you, watching hockey games wondering who on earth the Baby Eater could possibly be.

But fret not, my blog-reading friends, for this one more than makes up for it. There is so much awesome to this player that he hasn't even gotten the chance to fight anyone this season due to his hits being so brutal that no player is stupid enough to drop the gloves and give him further opportunity to bring the pain.

To top it all off, when he's not knocking bitches down, he's contributing offensively, like with this beaut from last night against the Oilers. He now has nine points in the last eleven games; not bad for a twenty year-old defenseman playing top minutes.

Did I mention he has a gold medal?

Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings and his bone-crushing hit on Taylor Hall:


Said Doughty on the hit: “My intent wasn’t to injure him or anything like that, he was flying through the center with his head down and I saw the opportunity to knock him off the puck, and I did just that… our team after that, I thought we picked it up and we were pretty dominant from that point on.”

Inspiring your team to dominate? Total Baby-Eater material right there.

Also, he did all this while wearing a bright purple jersey. Bad ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment