Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things that make me happy: Writing about hockey

So I realize I've kind of abandoned Gary Roberts: Baby Eater this past month or so, and I'm feeling pretty darn awful about it.

There is a reason for that, however. About a month ago, within the span of a single week nonetheless, I started writing for two other sports blogs - Neon Tommy, an online publication from the University of Southern California, and Out of Left Field, an all-encompassing sports blog one of my friends just started up.

Needless to say, it's been kind of hectic writing for all three, so I took a slight hiatus from this one while I tried to get a handle on the other two.

That hiatus is officially over; it's NHL playoffs time and I'm back in game form.

If you're interested in checking out the stuff I've written so far, I've taken the liberty of blantantly promoting and linking to my stuff below:

Neon Tommy:
My take on the Cooke suspension (Mar. 23)
The Western Conference race and parity in the league (Mar. 31)

Out of Left Field:
The Loser Point (Mar. 29)
NHL bubble teams: When will they burst? (Apr. 5) - includes my take on the Maple Leafs season
Eastern Conference predictions: round 1 (Apr. 11)
Western Conference predictions: round 1 (Apr. 12)

In the meantime, think the Kings are happy to have Justin Williams back? Probably about as happy as I am to have had two nights of playoff hockey and already two incredible overtime games. The best part? No TV timeouts.

Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment